Monday, March 1, 2010
Bluebird on the roof
It's been so sunny that I couldn't avoid the filthy windows any longer. Not a big fan of tedious chores, Amelia fairly begged to help me wash windows. I later realized the reason--she'd been dying to get out on the roof. She was an excellent helper for the upstairs windows, though I ended up doing the downstairs windows on my own while she sunned herself. It was downright hot up there (hence the last picture of her in the shade from the cherry tree).
We've been reading Huck Finn to the kids in the evening, so the "downright" (previous paragraph) just slipped. I'll probably blog like a hick for a few weeks, and say things like, "Me and Mike, we reckon' we been gettin' mighty ready for sum good vittels a-growin' from the ground an' such."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment