Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hahn kid moment

So, on any given day the kids may be doing many things. Lately they all love to sit and draw pictures with markers, but I don't have a picture of that. I did catch these typical moments last week.

I have been bringing totes of outgrown/too big clothes up from the crawl space, sorting them, and moving the totes to the garage for the move. Caleb discovered this hand-me-down Star Wars shirt from Jordan and Logan in the size 8 tote and it's been hard to get it off ever since. Notice the beginning of the "set up" (any arrangement of toys to simulate a situation, usually some sort of good guy-bad guy faceoff). Here the good guys are lining up, the bad guys will be coming soon.






Amelia plays with her food. Here it is a package of pre-made guacamole that she was molding with her hands, but this is not an isolated incident. Today at lunch she squeezed the juice out of her grapes into a puddle, hollowed out a sugar-snap pea and used it as a straw to suck up her juice. She is hardly ashamed, I think she knows she's such a good eater and good kid in general that we might let her get away with it. She's basically right. I cringe to think what she might do at her friends' houses.
Joel sprays water. As often as possible. Now that it is nice outside, he often asks "Tan I spway watuw?" which means he'd like to use the shower attachment on the hose to wet random portions of the backyard, often the bare ones where water and dirt form boys' favorite substance--mud.

Notice the pumpkin outfit--a hand-me-down from our friend Conor. He loves to dress up, and is often in costume. Today before we left for the airport he was spiderman, but he also enjoys being a brave knight or a native American.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: