Saturday, May 31, 2008

Vini, vidi, vici!

Hmmm, well we did come and see, and we did find a house to live in. We saw many lovely homes, some that might have worked and some that wouldn't have, but when we saw this one it was a pleasant surprise. Not huge, but big enough, open, light, clean, nice flow, lovely neighborhood, reasonable commute, nice yard with playhouse. Oh yes, and it fit the budget. The inspector liked it, minus a potential water issue (no damage, just potential) that we negotiated credit to fix. The only downside was a competing offer that came in the same day, which made us choose to offer more initially and lose the chance to negotiate an even better price. We still got a deal, just not a steal.

Micah was with us on the trip. Mike's mom generously offered to stay with the older three to facilitate the trip. It worked lovely, and the kids at home did well. Grandma may be in need of a real vacation, but the kids had a great time.

Micah tests out the new front yard.







Hey, bro, sis, Joel--the grass here is nice!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Monica said...

Oh my gosh Janelle that little kid is getting so big and waxing exponentially cuter! I suppose that's the usual way of things for your kids. :) I'm glad you found a house! I'm due for a visit to Rock and Kami pretty soon, so I hope you won't mind if I drop by.