We saw the sun today, and for more than 5 minutes without a cloud interruption. I've tripled the amount of vitamin D I give Mike in the morning. As far as sun goes, it might as well have been January all last month! But it is lovely and green, and the flowering trees and shrubs are beautiful.
We replanted several sections of the garden today. It was apparently too cool and wet when we first planted and lots of seeds just rotted in the ground. We do have some peas and lettuces, carrots and onions. Amelia observed that we need more garden and I agree. Now that the hot tub is in and the trench for the wiring is covered we can use that space better. Our neighbor CarolAnn and I have planted tomatoes "topsy-turvy" (hanging upside-down) on the west side of our house. We have 5 different tomato varieties, and a couple may have fruit a little too heavy for this style of growing. I suppose if they look unhealthy we could really mess with them and transplant them right-side up!
No comments:
Post a Comment